The HF430 flux vector drives provide cost-effective control solutions for a wide range of applications.
Sumitomo HF430 AC Drives incorporate a three-drives-in-one design philosophy. Simple V/F control allows a 10:1 constant torque speed range and is suitable for many applications. Switch to Sensorless Vector (SLV) contol by simply changing a parameter value. SLV control offers a 120:1 constant torque speed range and ±0.5% speed regulation.
Closed-Loop Vector (CLV) control is available by installing a low-cost encoder feedback card and changing a parameter value. Of course, the motor must be equipped with a suitable encoder. CLV control dramatically improves performance. A 1000:1 constant torque speed range with ±0.05% speed regulation can be achieved. In addition, Closed-Loop vector control can produce full torque at zero speed, if necessary.
HF430 AC drives are available from 1/2 to 75 HP, 200-240V and 1 to 75 HP, 380-480V and are suitable for 50 Hz or 60 Hz operation.
- Three operating modes provide application flexibility:
- V/F (Volts-per-Hertz)
- Sensorless Vector (SLV)
- Closed-Loop Vector (CLV) (requires encoder feedback option)
- Space-saving Compact Size, easy to maintain
- Standard Digital Operator Panel (DOP)
- Optional enhanced DOP with parameter copy
- Conforms to global standards (UL, cUL, CE)
- Serial communications (RS-485 standard)
- High starting torque - 200% or greater (in SLV or CLV control modes)
- Constant torque speed range to fit application requirements
- NEMA 1 enclosure (International Rating IP20)
- UL listed (US & Canada) and CE approved
- 120:1 constant torque speed range, ±0.5% speed regulation (SLV mode)
- 1000:1 constant torque speed range, ±0.05% speed regulation (CLV mode)
- Eight programmable digital inputs
- Three analog inputs (0-10 VDC, 0 to ±10 VDC and 4-20 mADC)
- 16 preset frequencies
- Built-in PID control
- Built-in dynamic brake transistor (to 15 HP), (resistor optional